Friday, February 18, 2011

Keep posting until habit becomes self-sustaining

I'm trying to turn this posting thing into a habit. A habit is something that you do naturally without having to set reminders. Basically, I want writing to become compulsive. For example, I love playing basketball, if I don't do it for too long, I start feeling weird and uncomfortable. Same with dancing, if I don't go out for too long, then I start feeling weird, stressed, overwhelmed. Same with reading, if I don't read, I start feeling like I'm getting dumber and losing touch with the world. I want writing to become just like that. I don't want to have to remind myself to post, I want to just post and feel weird when I don't. I'm doing it because I realize that information is best past down through writing and reading. I want writing to become second nature so that when I need to pass down information (some call it publishing research) that I don't have to deal with the sense of burden that comes with writing. That's it, just keeping it short.

No comments:

Post a Comment